Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Smoke 'Em If Ya Got 'Em

Chicagoist has a good article on the smoking ban. Whatever happened to moderation? That's all I can say. I quit smoking two years ago, and Scratch and I had a relapse over the weekend (we quickly got over it.) I think it was due to all this smoking talk on the television and radio. Why can't there be a compromise with this ban? All opinions on the matter seem really selfish and extreme. And, for my selfish and extreme take?

I love the smell of taverns in the summertime. Real corner taverns whose names end in "Tap." I've loved the heady aroma of beer and cigarettes and club soda and Cheezlets since I was very little and my dad would take me to the Ridge Inn to watch TV and eat a cheesburger from Rosen's. Banning smoking will remove a key element of that smell. So, don't ban smoking everywhere! Find a balance, I beg you, Local Government!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
« chicago blogs »

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Free Web Counter
Web Counters eXTReMe Tracker