Wednesday, December 21, 2005
Just Go With The Clapper!
You may remember how I have a link to Natalie Dee's website, because she is a cool slacker artist who is also funny as hell. Well, in November she was accepting custom drawing orders for $50. How cool is that right? So I commissioned a drawing for Scratch, which would have been done yesterday. Except mine never came.
So I wrote her a couple of emails, and finally she just sent me a refund today for my $50. This implies that she did not do the drawing, otherwise she could have just sent it to me right? So I am not mad at her or anything else, but I'm really, really bummed out that both of my showstopper Christmas gifts have fallen flat. It must be retribution for all those Skiles faces I've been giving out lately.
Christmas, from a commercial gift-obsessed standpoint, is RUINED! WAAAAAAAAAAH! Thank goodness I can be easily distracted by the Chronic-les of Narnia short from SNL, which Justin posted a link to on his blog.
I told Scratch about the refund, and he said it was ironic, because he was considering having her do a drawing for me for Christmas, too. I'm hungry for an OH! Henry! bar now.
Is He Crying, Screaming, or Both?
That is how I felt at the Bulls game last night. Oh Skiles, I feel you. You are my kindred spirit in frustration. For Scratch's ultimate Christmas Spectacular, I found and purchased some saweet seats for last night's game. Then, the following happened: Scratch's grandmother died
I had to spill the beans to Scratch about the tickets, ruining the Christmas surprise
We flew to Pittsburgh
We got home from Pittsburgh in time to go to the game anywayDeng didn't play. Even Scratch dressed head-to-toe in Deng garb couldn't convince anyone.
The Bulls played sloppily and lost to the Bobcats.
This was the first of two Christmas presents I bought for him that had variable outcomes - I can't tell you what the other one is because I'm having trouble getting it. If I don't get it, you'll hear all about it. If I do, you'll know too. So I am very Skiles face-y! Plus Lucky Ducky that I ordered from Amazon for my nephew may not arrive before Christmas. Great!
I'm going to go to work now and try to turn this frown upside-down!
Sunday, December 18, 2005
Holiday Parties are Fun!
So, Scratch & I had our first grown-up married people Christmas party. It had all the elements of a fun time:
- The Pee Wee's Playhouse Christmas Special
- Hard Liquor
- A baby!
- Food, food, and more food!
- Jones Holiday Sodas, which went from a tasting flight to a 'dare you to drink broccoli soda with Makers' - I myself stood up to the challenge of the 'salmontini' - salmon pate soda with vodka. Grody to the max.
- Lots of friends who courteously staggered their arrivals so that at any given time everyone could have a seat (seating is limited at Casa de Scratch&Maggie)
- Cleanup is a breeze when you are friends with other grownups.
- We like the people who came - our nerdy crowd rules. There was only one person who seemed obviously bored, but hey, one out of 20 or so? Not too shabby.
- We like going to bed by midnight.