Monday, March 13, 2006

Tips for Home Buyers

LOOK IN THE FRIDGE. Seriously. We did not, and the mild-mannered couple that we thought were so so sweet? Well after scraping hardened ketchup and butterscotch off of their fridge, they don't seem so sweet to me. And if you are a current homeowner? Wipe down the tops of your cabinets once in a while, OK? And clean your oven. I wiped five years worth of everything these people ever baked or broiled out of the oven yesterday.

This has been a crazy few days. On Thursday, we closed. Again, twinge of "what nice people!" went through my head. Then we went to Costco and bought lots of cleaning stuff. It wasn't enough.

On Friday, I quit my job. Yes, I did. I got a NEW job, downtown, for better money, and that will allow me to do the part of my old job that I like best full-time. Unfortunately, the boss freaking out and telling me to 'just go home' fantasy did not happen, so I am working at my old job this week.

Saturday and Sunday were spent doing all the cleaning that the people we bought from never did. You know those great fold-in windows, that make cleaning so easy? I think we are the first people to take advantage of it in our new place.

Scratch is home all week, painting the new place. Yay, Scratch! He is my hero. I will be packing up our apartment after work. Yes, this is crazy times.

Sorry but I'm too tired to be witty or entertaining... like I ever am, anyway! Maybe more later.

Comments:
oh boy. your post brought back the vivid memories of our 1st day in our new home. . .opening the door to our porch the 1st time and seeing bags of garbage filled with rotting meat on the floor. YARG! I feel your pain, lady. I feel your pain! I am so happy about your new digs! (even though they were given to you crustily)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
« chicago blogs »

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Free Web Counter
Web Counters eXTReMe Tracker