Tuesday, November 29, 2005
- Cost Plus. Near work. I know, you don't need a stinky candle or a monkey doll. Maybe a bottle of wine, you boozehound!
- Urban Outfitters. Yuck! But convenient, and at least not...
- American Apparel. They have a store in the building where I work, and I'd still cross the street to go somewhere else. I hate hate hate their ads and displays.
- Borders. Maybe. I always get super-annoyed at the Borders employees/shoppers. It's like a miniature shopping mall, and all of the merchandise looks slightly pawed.
- Myself. I will knit you a hat. I am slowly becoming the crazed aunt from A Christmas Story who will start making bunny suits for my nephews. Stop the madness!
Now, back to parties. While they appeal to the lazy side of me, since I don't have to leave the apartment, I've never been much of a hostess. I've always been more for "Meet you at X Public Place" than "Hey, come on over!" Now that we are getting older and lazier though, I guess parties are where it's at. I have decided upon a theme, which is Pee Wee's Playhouse Christmas Special. I watch it every year during the Christmas season. I'm thinking lots of fruitcake and fun - too bad the Del Rubio Triplets are mostly deceased, or maybe I could get them for like to sing WInter Wonderland. I wonder if Grace Jones is available? Does anyone who reads this blog remember when Grace played at the club across the street from Bistro II and the fire department had to shut the club down for overcrowding? Oh for you youngsters Bistro II is what the Eagle used to be called. I digress.
Location:Chicago, Illinois, United States
Answer: Wow, Maggie, I do remember that insodent when Grace Jones played accross the street from bistro II! you've brought back good memories for me. I was a regular at Bistro then. If you ent there, you may remember me from my poc-a-dot, gold and black, MC Hammer baggie pants I used to wear. Thanks for the Memories...