Friday, November 18, 2005
This Week's Skiles Face Nominees
This week, I am using a new Skiles Face image. This is kind of a "Yeah, I'm talking to YOU" kind of face. So, from the sublime Julie Andrews and all things good, to the recipients of this week's Skiles Face awards:
- People who pass on the right. Was it really worth it? To scoot your Jetta around me to cut in line, just to be in front of me at the next stoplight? Yeah, I'm talking to YOU, Western Avenue commuters.
- The woman who hangs up her panties to dry in our laundry room. Are you that cheap? Or are you afraid your undies will shrink? Either way, honey, take 'em upstairs to dry in the privacy of your own apartment. I don't need to see that! Yeah, I'm talking to YOU!
- Evanston Pedestrians. Hey, there's this thing? It's called a crosswalk. Also, if I have a green light, it means I get to go - it does not mean that you can saunter across the street. Yeah, I'm talking to YOU, Northwestern Students/PhDs!
- Mother Nature. What's up with going from 60 Degrees to 25 overnight? Mother Nature, I give you the Skiles Face!
- The Internet. Why hasn't the Skiles Face become a national, or at least regional, catch phrase yet? Why isn't Mike North all over this? Yeah, I'm talking to YOU, Mike North!