Friday, March 24, 2006
Surviving This Week
- Old Job: Wear your striped tights and Mary Janes, let your freak flag fly (annoying sometimes - it's not as cool as it sounds)
- New Job: Casual Friday means no suit jacket! My feet hurt from wearing my one nice pair of lady work shoes all week.
- Old Job: No websites (even porn, partypoker, etc.) were ever blocked, folk tales said that management did not want to impede on employees' first amendment rights!
- New Job: YOU ARE BEING WATCHED. No personal email, no weightwatchers.com, no nothing. No Free Cell! There is seriously no incentive to eat lunch at your desk. Managers get reports of which websites their employees visit. If I were a manager I would feel dirty about that.
- Old Job: Bizarre People
- New Job: Bizarre People
- Old Job: Wolfgang Puck's Dixie Kitchen, LePeep, Panera, Cosi, LULUS!!!!
- New Job: Tokyo Lunch Box, Del Monico's, Saproffina, Cosi, Burrito Beach
I'd also love a Lulu's veggie and tofu salad today, but will have to settle for a filet o fish or something.
Tomorrow, we MOVE! Yes! In the middle of all this Scratch and I have been packing our belongings. Yow. It's going to be a month before things are back to normal. Until then, if you see me on the Ravenswood train, say hello. Wait, don't - I'll just look at you funny.