Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Wait... she's gone? Going? What?

So, one of the things about my new job is that I cut across that big plaza at Michigan and Lake every morning and every afternoon. So I got used to seeing the hung-over looking Michelle Leigh standing outside to do the weather. And now her contract isn't being renewed or something.

Scratch got into a habit of watching the Fox Chicago news every morning about a year ago. I never was one for watching TV in the morning, because mornings are not leisurely for me during the work week, and watching TV is, to me, a leisurely activity. If I start, I can't stop. My one impression of Michelle's work is that she had tousled hair, the "hoarse yuppie chick" voice (like she'd been smoking Marlboro Lights and shouting to her friends over the din of some Dave Matthews at a bar in Lincoln Park) and gave a decent idea of what the weather would be like that day.

Who knew she was a local treasure that is now being taken away from us? Me. I'm so out of the loop, even when I'm working "in the loop" har har.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
« chicago blogs »

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Free Web Counter
Web Counters eXTReMe Tracker