Friday, September 22, 2006

OOH! OOH! What a Machine!


So today we get our new washer & dryer from Sears! It's truly a game show feeling, except for the fact that we paid for it.

Until today, we've been using the "all in one laundry center" that came with our pad. It's about 6 years old. At first, it was awesome - no going to my mom's, no putting quarters in a machine in the basement. But we are victims of planned obsolescence. It wasn't built to last.

So we have a new, beautiful washer and dryer coming that will be stacked up in our closet nice and pretty.
Is it weird that I can't wait to do the first load of laundry? That I wonder how the clothes will smell after being washed with High Efficiency detergent? That I am jealous of Scratch because he is the one who is home today for the delivery? Oh, it's going to be a weekend of smooth action.

OK and the song. Me being who I am, I just kind of figured more people than me would know the song Laundromat Blues by the 5 Royales. That risque rhythm stuff was HUGE 10, 12 years ago. But since nobody does, here are some lyrics from the song I'll be singing all weekend:

My baby's got the best machine, the best washing machine in town (OOh, OOh what a machine!) My baby's got the best machine, the best washing machine in town (OOh, OOh what a machine!) She's got the very best equipment There's no better machine to be found

Of course, he's not singing about laundry, but come on.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
« chicago blogs »

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Free Web Counter
Web Counters eXTReMe Tracker