Not with my husband. Scratch is the greatest, most non-abusive husband EVER. My self-destructive relationship is with United Airlines, and its partner airline US Airways. That is the only way I can describe my experience this week with them. In fact, I just spent 20 minutes writing out the saga and am now deleting it, because the overwhelming reality is that nobody cares - not you, not United, nobody except me. So I'll spare you the gory details and sum up:
To do a 2 Hour presentation Wedensday in Palm Beach, Florida, I:
- Spent 12 hours getting to Palm Beach on Tuesday
- Ate a $32 Reuben sandwich for dinner
- Could not get home on Wednesday night, because you can't fly to Chicago on Wednesday nights.
- Had my return flight delayed from 9AM to 3PM (yes, six hours.)
- Wound up in Charlotte NC
- Finally made it home due to another United flight being delayed 4 hours in Charlotte.
I have to fly United again on Sunday. I have to keep going back. United loves to slap me around and then turn around and give me a better seat to get me home more comfortably. I hate them, but I have no alternative. Wish me luck on Sunday.