Saturday, November 05, 2005

Dress Up Weekend!

If this blog played music, it would play "Look Sharp" by Joe Jackson while you were reading this post. I guess it would play something like "Love Train" if you were reading the post about the first car being for singles. Which leads me to a fun conversation I had with Scratch:

S: Where did you see that picture of the sign?
M: Gaper's Block - someone's flickr site.
S: I always just sit in the last car
M: That's the gay car! Allegedly!
S: Really?
M: Well do you see a lot of gay dudes when you take the train home?
S: I don't know - when do I not see a lot of gay dudes on the train?

Ah, my ever lovin' Scratch.

So this is going to be a very dressy, or as Scratch just put it, "goin' out" weekend! Last night we went to dinner at Bistro Campagne to celebrate my new 'lateral move' at work. I get to add the word Manager to my title and I'm away from the mind-numbing crap. Awesome. Scratch is still talking about the duck. I had the pork chops, and a fabulous salade epinarde. Mmmm. Being a Friday night, it was very loud, but I could see how it would be a nice romantic evening instead of a big yuppie party on a slow night. Food: A, Service, A, Environment, C.
After dinner, we went to check out this mysterious Bad Dog Tavern we live a block away from but never go to. Bill V. was the DJ so we were also curious, as he has commented here on a couple of occasions and he & Scratch have similar music tastes. We were surprised that it is more of a restaurant, and less of a bar. We had a couple of drinks, and by 11:30 or so our old asses were sleepy so we went home. While I initially had wanted to introduce myself to Bill, I got that weird "I'm not a stalker or anything" complex and so we just left. I mean, how do you introduce yourself to someone (and I think this especially applies to women introducing themselves to men) and not seem like some weirdo? "Hello, internet friend." Gaah.

Today we are heading to charming Oak Park, to attend the wedding of two of Scratch's oldest friends, Don and Janet. They were in a band together, and lived on the mean streets of Hobart IN for a time. They are getting married at the Carlton Hotel, and we love our wine, so we're getting a room. During our visit to Oak Park I plan to visit A Tangled Web, which sounds like a charming knitting store. This is not exciting for Scratch, since he goes to school in River Forest twice a week and so is intimately familiar with the parking garages of Oak Park. But I get to wear a fancy party dress and dance and stuff so this will be fun!

OK, enough blathering - on with the weekend.

PS Also SCORE! Because my fantasy NBA waivers went through today. I have an awesome team this year. Wanna know the name? Well tune in tomorrow for a special surprise!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
« chicago blogs »

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Free Web Counter
Web Counters eXTReMe Tracker