Sunday, December 18, 2005
Holiday Parties are Fun!
So, Scratch & I had our first grown-up married people Christmas party. It had all the elements of a fun time:
- The Pee Wee's Playhouse Christmas Special
- Hard Liquor
- A baby!
- Food, food, and more food!
- Jones Holiday Sodas, which went from a tasting flight to a 'dare you to drink broccoli soda with Makers' - I myself stood up to the challenge of the 'salmontini' - salmon pate soda with vodka. Grody to the max.
- Lots of friends who courteously staggered their arrivals so that at any given time everyone could have a seat (seating is limited at Casa de Scratch&Maggie)
- Cleanup is a breeze when you are friends with other grownups.
- We like the people who came - our nerdy crowd rules. There was only one person who seemed obviously bored, but hey, one out of 20 or so? Not too shabby.
- We like going to bed by midnight.