Thursday, June 15, 2006

You Should Be Less Rude

That is a song by Frightened Rabbit. Scratch bought their CD from them and it included a handwritten note. The Greys is a great song, but YOU SHOULD BE LESS RUDE is a fantastic anthem for today.

So I am riding the train home, and I waited for a seat for probably 2/3 of my commute. A seat opens up and I slide in next to a guy sitting at the window, reading. Being a larger lady, I am hyper-conscientious of not touching anyone or seeping over the seat division. Seriously! Even though I will sit next to normal-sized people who think nothing of elbowing the crap out of me. But I digress.

So man next to me closes his book and puts it in his bag. I don't immediately jump up because we are nowhere near his stop, and I wait for him to look at me to give me the signal. When he does, it's like he is looking at me with such contempt for being there. So I get up and as he's getting out, I say in my sweetest non-sarcastic way, "Have a nice day!" and he is all snarly like "YEAH have a good one." Dude, I did not run over your cat, or even touch you.

You should be less rude. Like the Frightened Rabbit guys. They send gentle correspondence.

Comments:
hey.

Frightened Rabbit are playing chicago on jan. 23rd at Empty Bottle.

hope you can make it out!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
« chicago blogs »

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Free Web Counter
Web Counters eXTReMe Tracker