Thursday, May 03, 2007

Wow. American Idol.

I will readily admit that I watched the first series of American Idol. Justin! Kelly! That guy! That other guy! It was a tv phenomenon! But I haven't really paid attention since.

Last night, in an effort to let our DVR get ahead of us, I switched to FOX because they have news at 9:00. We caught the last 10 minutes of Idol because of it. I outright forget about FOX all the time, because growing up, we had terrible reception for it, so I honestly never watched anything on channel 32. I like the Simpsons, but (before the dawn of the onscreen guide thingy) would never even think of turning the TV to 32. "Doesn't work."

OK but I digress. Here are highlights from the last 10 minutes:
Oh and then the news led with the skull-selling guy. This is like free advertising for him, the eye spy optical he lives above, and Tony Fitzpatrick*, who was interviewed because he is the mayor of Bucktown or something? Skully, here is your chance to own a human skull! Boiled for purity!

*Tony Fitzpatrick, I thought you were OK about 15 years ago. Cool, even! But now you are shilling for FOX news at 9 to give some kind of artist credibility to hyper-yuppified Bucktown. What?


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
« chicago blogs »

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Free Web Counter
Web Counters eXTReMe Tracker