Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Ohhhh Kay. Alright. OK.

Remember Peter Falk in The Princess Bride? Yeah, I know, it's not the best part of remembering. You'd rather be all "Mawwage!" or talk about the Dread Pirate Roberts and stuff. But yesterday I remembered Peter Falk.

He played the bratty Fred Savage's grandfather, and was the narrator. And the part I thought about was when he was getting ready to leave, and he kept patting his pockets and saying, "OK. Alright. OK." Why did I think of that? Because I totally did that yesterday before I left for work. Scratch pointed it out. For all I know, I do it every morning and Scratch just isn't in the same room to hear it. So, at 34 I am behaving like a grandfather in a Rob Reiner movie? Gah!

And I keep talking the crazy talk. Last week, Scratch and I drove to work together (such luxury!) and we were so early that he walked to McDonald's (the one in the Wrigley Building kind of) with me since I had to go that way to get to work.

Me: You know, I don't want anything, but lately I've been really having a renewed love for their potato cakes.
Scratch: (funny face) Potato cakes?
Me: Yeah! I had some last week and I hadn't had any...
Scratch: (interrupting) You mean HASH BROWNS?
Me: Yeah, potato cakes!
Scratch: Did that just come out of your mom's mouth or something? That sounds like something your mom would say.*
Me: Potato cakes! What is wrong with that? That is what they are called at Arby's!
Scratch: But we are talking about McDonald's.
Me: I don't know.

I got a potato cake and went to work. Mmmmm, potato cake.

*It might bother some people to be told they sound like their mother. In this case, it is not a big deal. I only don't like to sound like my mom for very specific things. Potato cakes are nowhere near those things.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
« chicago blogs »

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Free Web Counter
Web Counters eXTReMe Tracker