Wednesday, July 06, 2005
R You Kidding Me?
- What kind of soap opera world has he created, where women draw baths for their husbands?
- What's with the gun play, especially where he gets frustrated and says "I'm gonna shoot somebody" when everyone is telling their story. He's like Stop! Or Dr. Phil will shoot! Just leave already R!
- Why won't artists record a radio edit? On one radio station in Pittsburgh, they used a 'toilet flush' sound over every profanity, it made the song twice as annoying.
- Is R Kelly Winnie the Pooh? "Think, think, think..."
- All of this 'goes down' at 7:00 in the morning. So, in this world, nobody thinks it's the least bit suspicious that Rufus & R. don't come home all night? Or wouldn't? And this just dawns on everyone that their spouses might be up to something.
- I like the way that women get to be naked in an RK video, but he has sex with everyone fully clothed. He's got magic powers. Sex powers.
I suppose that I 'don't get it' and that this is some kind of ironic cheezy hit that everyone hates to love or loves to hate. But after hearing people call in on different radio stations like "OhmyGAWD THIS is what radio NEEDS, y'all!" and a message board praising RK for addressing the DL, I'm thinking a lot of other people aren't getting it either. As for the rest of his record, the Sun Times review is pretty good.