Monday, April 03, 2006

Caribooooooooooooks

I can hear Scratch watching a Pixies concert on the most incredible channel, called INHD. Now that I won that HDTV new doors are opening. I'm glad they are singing Caribou.

Meanwhile, here is a book meme courtesy of Skully. I guess I will tag Justin and Anne:
For more on what I think about books, check out my bookcrossing page or, of course, Library Thing.

a book that made you cry: I admit that I sobbed and sobbed reading The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger. I finished it and turned to Scratch and said "Thank God you are here."

a book that scared you: The Stand by Stephen King. And Night Shift, too. Scary stories. I read a book once that was about true-life demonic possessions and that made me want to get the book the heck out of the house.

a book that made you laugh: Lamb by Christopher Moore. It's the book I go out and buy for people, I've probably bought 10 copies and I just gave another one away.

a book that disgusted you: Nickel and Dimed: On (not) Getting By in America by Barbara Eirenreich. It just reinforced my hatred of Wal Mart and the way the working poor are treated in this country, and at the same time made me kind of hate the author for 'playing house' in a life that is very real.

a book you loved in elementary school: Harriet the Spy, Little Women, From the Mixed Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler, and ANYTHING Trixie Belden!

a book you loved in middle school: Hmmmm. I got really into nonfiction books about Atlantis and Egypt in junior high. Oh and trashy Marilyn Monroe biographies, of which I still have one.

a book you loved in high school: Brave New World, The Great Gatsby, A Farewell to Arms, Player Piano, Cyrano deBergerac, Anything by Oscar Wilde

a book you hated in high school: Oh I hated Faulkner. The Red Pony can suck it.

a book you loved in college: The entire Anne Rice suite of homoerotic vampire novels. Dorothy Parker anything.

a book that challenged your identity: Fight Club - I thought I was pretty cool until I started reading Chuck Palahniuk's books and then I realized I am such a dork.

a series that you love:
Jonathan Kellerman's Alex Delaware novels, Trixie Belden

your favorite horror book: Adventureland by Steve Harris. You can't even get it here, only in England. It's about a carnival ride that is secretly a tunnel to Hell.

your favorite science fiction book: Passage by Connie Willis.

your favorite fantasy book: I guess the Narnia books - I don't read a lot of fantasy. Well, maybe Chuck Palahniuk's books, do they count?

your favorite mystery book: Hmmm. One? How about The Westing Game by Ellen Raskin.

your favorite biography: I Lived To Tell It All by George Jones, Just Lucky I Guess by Carol Channing, My Name is Love by Darlene Love, Mommie Dearest by Christina Crawford

your favorite "coming-of-age" book: This is a recent addition, but I really liked The Center of Everything by Laura Moriarty

your favorite book not on this list: Jane Eyre, Hollywood Babylon, The Adventures of Kavalier and Clay, Revenge of the Lawn

Fave Romance: A Knight in Shining Armor by Jude Deveraux - sorry, it's the last romance I read, probably over 10 years ago.

Comments:
Man, that's a lot of reading. And a lot of work. Thanks for the tag! Now I have to fake that I read.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
« chicago blogs »

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Free Web Counter
Web Counters eXTReMe Tracker