Thursday, July 13, 2006

I have officially Postcrossed!

Hooray! Skully turned me onto this postcrossing site, where you can send postcards to random people around the world, and receive postcards from other random people in return.

Scratch: "Wow, for someone so concerned with security, you sure are eager to give our address out to random people."

It actually did cross my mind that things like postcrossing are best done with a PO Box or work address, but I have neither (I don't think we're allowed to receive personal mail at my new job.) If someone from Finland appears at our doorstep, I'll deal with it then I guess!

Meanwhile, can you belive the bitch-fest that was unleashed on the CTA via various Internet sites? What kills me about it is that most of the commentors just used the forums as an opportunity to complain about something that happened to them, personally, six months or two years ago. Could we focus on the actual blue line accident and not when your friend was visiting last summer and someone gave you a dirty look? I hate the Internet for that. What especially turned me off was people who posted "This is typical of the worthless CTA blah blah blah." Guess what, the CTA? Not that bad really. Everyone acts like they are the Warriors or something for riding the Red line. Shut up. And the BEST PART? The whole post and comment thread at Eric Zorn's blog got eaten in a server crash, so at least some of it won't live on. Ha ha.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
« chicago blogs »

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Free Web Counter
Web Counters eXTReMe Tracker